majestic Index du Forum

majestic Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

is event really, I feel, had Sarah at the core of it i

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    majestic Index du Forum -> majestic -> majestic
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
lebaobei123

MessagePosté le: Jeu 27 Sep - 04:11 (2018)    Sujet du message: is event really, I feel, had Sarah at the core of it i Répondre en citant

ATLANTA -- The Indiana Pacers always seem to struggle in Atlanta. This was no exception. Kyle Korver scored 17 points, Pero Antic added 16 and the Hawks raced to a big lead before holding off the team with the NBAs best record, beating the weary Pacers 97-87 Wednesday night. The Hawks snapped a three-game losing streak and extended Indianas misery at Philips Arena, where the Pacers (28-7) havent won since 2006. They dropped their 12th in a row in Atlanta, the teams longest active road losing streak against any team. "Guys didnt have a lot of pop to start the game," coach Frank Vogel said. "Shots werent falling, catches were a step slow in a lot of areas. But Im proud of our guys for battling back in the second half, making it a game." Indiana looked very much like a squad playing its fourth game in five nights, not to mention having to deal with travel issues because of the arctic weather. The Pacers managed just 12 points in the first quarter and 32 in the opening half -- both season lows. Paul George led Indiana with 28 points. He didnt get much help. "This is definitely a winnable game for us, but its a tough stretch, four out of five, travel situations that we had," George said. "Its not an excuse, but its nothing to be down about at this point." The Hawks ended Indianas three-game winning streak, handing the Pacers just their second loss in 10 games. "We were playing a great team," said Antic, who scored 12 of his 16 in the first half. "We want to prove to everybody that we can win these type of games." Atlanta took advantage of their sluggish opponents right from the start, racing to a 12-0 lead before most of the sparse crowd had settled into their seats. The Hawks built a 49-32 lead by halftime and were up by as many 25 in the third quarter. "Down 12 points to start the game off, you give a team like this all the confidence in the world, them playing at home," George said. "They just played with confidence at that point. I felt like thats where we lost the game." But the Eastern Conference leaders, who never led, werent about to go that easily. They clamped down at the defensive end against a team that must spread things around to make up for the loss of centre Al Horford, out with a season-ending injury. The Pacers picked it up offensively, too, scoring more points in the third quarter than they did in the first two combined. Heading to the fourth, Atlantas lead was down to 79-66. The Pacers got as close as eight in the final period but finally ran out of steam, making only two of their last nine shots. "We were climbing uphill the rest of the way and werent able to pull it out." Vogel said. Indiana played without guard Lance Stephenson, who didnt dress because of a bruised right knee. Danny Granger started in his place, with George moving to Stephensons shooting guard spot. George lit up the Hawks, knocking down 11 of 25 from the field -- including three shots beyond the arc -- and leading the Pacers with 12 rebounds. Granger with 14 points and George Hill with 10 were his only teammates in double figures, however. The Hawks were much more balanced, overcoming a poor night by Paul Millsaps. Atlantas top scorer made only 1 of 10, but the other four starters were in double figures and Mike Scott added 15 off the bench. Atlanta got a boost before the game when Horford, who had surgery a week ago for a torn pectoral muscle, stopped by the locker room. "Were still trying to figure things out without Al," Korver said. "It takes time. Were still not there, but tonight was a great win for our team." NOTES: Korver went 3 of 5 from 3-point range, extending his NBA-record streak to 105 games in a row with at least one trey. He knocked down his first early in the third quarter from the top of the key, also drawing a foul and converting the four-point play. ... Pacers F David West went out in the second quarter with an injured right hand. He iced it on the bench and returned in the second half. ... While Millsaps struggled offensively, finishing with only four points, he chipped in with six rebounds, five assists, one steal and one block. Frank Thomas Jersey . During halftime, Love told The Associated Press he would receive treatment Saturday night and hoped to play Monday night against Houston. "I knew that my quad was bothering me pretty bad so I went out there and tried to move around a little bit and it just wasnt quite right," Love said. Nicky Delmonico Jersey . - The Denver Broncos kept rookie wide receiver Tavarres King from joining the Green Bay Packers by promoting him to their active roster Tuesday. http://www.whitesoxteamshop.com/White-Sox-Bill-Melton-Kids-Jersey/. Sopoaga hit the upright with his first shot at goal from 15 metres. He then kicked nine goals in succession -- two conversions and seven penalties -- before being replaced in the 62nd minute, three points short of the Highlanders record for most points in a match. Yoan Moncada Jersey . - Even with a new coach, the Denver Nuggets still love to push the basketball. Harold Baines Jersey . The 57-year-old Tietjens has coached New Zealand to nine IRB World Sevens titles and to four Commonwealth Games gold medals as its only coach in the professional era. New Zealand Rugby Union chief executive Steve Tew said the re-signing was made with a focus on 2016 when sevens will be in the Olympics. SOCHI, Russia -- The ashes of Canadian freestyle skier Sarah Burke were spread in the Olympic halfpipe, high on a mountain above it and also near the Olympic rings in the athletes village. Burke, considered a pioneer for the introduction of halfpipe and slopestyle into the Winter Games, died following a training accident in Utah in January, 2012. Freestyle coach Trennon Paynter from Squamish, B.C., says he distributed the ashes in the halfpipe prior to the competition. "That was a little bit of a stealth mission," Paynter said Saturday. "I feel pretty good about knowing Sarah was all over these Olympics in our hearts and quite literally too." Burke was a four-time X Games champion and a driving force behind the inclusion of both halfpipe and slopestyle in the Sochi Olympics. She spent her early years in Barrie, Ont., but was living in Squamish when she died. Burke competed against men until there was a womens event. A leading contender for gold in Russia, she died at age 29 two years before her sports introduction into the Winter Games. Paynter went alone on a gondola as high as he could on the mountain above Rhosa Khutor Extreme Park to leave some of Burkes ashes there. The urn he carried was also in a freestyle team picture at the Olympic rings in the athletes village. Prior to the start of womens freestyle halfpipe Thursday at Rhosa Khutor, volunteers slid down the course in a heart-shaped formation in memory of Burke "This event really, I feel, had Sarah at the core of it in so many ways," Paynter said. Australiian snowboarder Torah Bright, who won Olympic halfpipe gold, in 2010 was incensed the International Olympic Committee would not allow her to wear the "Sarah" stickers on her helmet and snowboard that she sports in other competitions.dddddddddddd "The sticker thing for us was really no big deal," Paynter said. "We knew the way the protocols worked here. We knew for a couple of years we wouldnt be wearing stickers here. The rest of the season, I have Sarah stickers all over my stuff." Burkes husband Rory Bushfield and Paynter are friends and the two had discussed a plan to bring her ashes to the Winter Games in Sochi. The Canadian Olympic Committee provided a glass container and Paynter carried the container in a leather holster with Burkes name on it. During a quiet moment on the first training day, Paynter was able to "poach a couple pipe laps." "I know Sarah wanted to get some hits in the pipe so she got those," he said. The freestyle skiers won seven medals in Sochi and the most by one sport on the Canadian team. Canada also won a pair of medals in ski cross and while the international governing body of skiing considers it a freestyle discipline, Alpine Canada administers it domestically as a speed sport. Although the Canadian women finished off the podium in halfpipe, Mike Riddle of Sherwood Park, Alta., took silver in the first mens event. "Shed just be thrilled with everything from Mike winning a medal to the women just performing at such a high level," Paynter said. Cheap Blackhawks Jerseys Cheap Avalanche Jerseys Cheap Team USA Hockey Jerseys Cheap Stars Jerseys Cheap Wild Jerseys Cheap Predators Jerseys Cheap Blues Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Ducks Jerseys Cheap Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Flames Jerseys Cheap Oilers Jerseys Cheap Kings Jerseys Cheap Sharks Jerseys Cheap Canucks Jerseys Cheap Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Winter Classic Jerseys ' ' '

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Jeu 27 Sep - 04:11 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    majestic Index du Forum -> majestic -> majestic Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer forum gratuit | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange